- Witek, D. (2016). Becoming gardeners: Seeding local curricula with the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy. College & Research Libraries News, 77(10), 504-508.
- Buchanan, H., Webb, K. K., Houk, A. H., & Tingelstad, C. (2015). Curriculum mapping in academic libraries. New Review of Academic Librarianship, 21(1), 94-111.
- Charles, Leslin H. (2015). Using an information literacy curriculum map as a means of communication and accountability for stakeholders in higher education. Journal of Information Literacy 9(1), 47-61. http://dx.doi.org/10.11645/9.1.1959
- Mapping Our Values Across the Curriculum: A Social Justice Oriented Program at a Liberal Arts University – University of Redlands
- University of Scranton IL Curriculum Map
- Research Skill Development for Curriculum Design and Assessment
Read one or more of articles above to gain more insight into the curriculum mapping process, examine the examples, and then answer one or more of the questions in the comments below:
- Which of the approaches outlined in the articles above do you think will work best at your institution? Why?
- Think about one of the departments or programs of study you work with. Where do you see redundancies and opportunities for integrated information literacy instruction?
- Examine a syllabus or the major requirements for a department you work with. Where do you see overlap between those learning goals/outcomes and the Framework?